What is Midmark M9?
Ever since the inception of autoclaves back in 1879, it has gone through a huge “makeover,” and at present, most of the advanced autoclaves used in most health care are either too bulky or too expensive. Midmark M9 is one of the simplest solutions to all that. The Midmark M9 is a compact and portable (at least compared to the conventional autoclaves) autoclave sterilizer product that is perfect for usage in small health care such as clinics. It does the important job of sterilizing all the basic medical/surgical equipment’s efficiently without requiring too much space.
Overview of the Midmark M9
The Midmark M9 weighs about 73 pounds which is approximately equal to 33.1 kg. That may not exactly fall under easy portable aspect, but it still is a much better and easiest solution to move it around or keep it in a corner without taking up significant space. The overall dimension of the Midmark M9 is 20.4 x 15.3 x 15.8 inches (length x width x height). The sterilizing chamber has a diameter of 9” and 15” deep, which is big enough to house any basic clinic or laboratory equipment.
Operation of the Midmark M9
The Midmark M9 autoclave has a simple working mechanism and performs quite easily as well. The LCD display on top of the M9 allows you to view all the indicators including the temperature of the chamber during the sterilizing process. The control panel is very basic and easy to navigate as well. The power button turns the sterilizing process ON and automatically fills the chamber with a correct number of water.
Once the autoclave has done its job, it automatically opens the door and dissipates heat as a sign of completion of the sterilization. The automatic process is a really convenient feature as it allows you to focus on other things without the need to constantly check on the sterilizing chamber.
Benefits of the Midmark M9
- The LCD display allows you to monitor the useful level of water in the chamber. Hence, it is easy to add water to the M9 autoclave while monitoring the water level. The Midmark M9 has a full water capacity of 4.1 gallons or 4.1 liters.
- Its advanced system aka “The Steam Flush Pressure Pulse Air Removal” ensures optimum steam penetration in the chamber. This allows the quickest and the most convenient method of sterilizing the medical equipment’s.
- The Midmark M9 can operate on four different cycles
- Packs and
These four different cycles allow you to sterilize any type of equipment depending on the depth of sterilization that they require. These four cycles cover almost 98% of any type of sterilization that is required for any type of laboratory or surgical instruments
- Exclusive automatic-opening door for ease of use and a quick drying time
- Steam–Flush Pressure Pulse Air Removal System ensures proper steam penetration
- Customizable programs enable you to create different cycle parameters to meet specific instrument processing needs
- Pre-set controls
- LCD display
- Dimensions (inches): 20.4 x 15.3 x 15.8
- Chamber dimensions (inches): 9 (diam.) x 15 (depth)
- Weight (lb.): 73
- Water reservoir capacity: 1.1 gal. (4.1 liters)
- Power requirements: 115V, 50-60Hz, 15A
The Midmark M9 is a highly effective and very easy to use the sterilizing product. Unlike some other similar products that work on a much-complicated process, the M9 simply starts with the press of a button, and it executes the process automatically as well. It is also suitable for sterilizing any type of instruments that are normally used in a clinic or a small-sector health care center with minimal restrictions.