3M 8516 is an N95 particulate respirator that provides nuisance level acid gas relief. This respirator filters 95% of solid and liquid aerosols that do not contain oil. The 8516 features a Cool Flow Exhalation Valve providing easy exhalation and cool, dry comfort to users. M-nose clip helps provide a custom, secure seal. Braided headband provides comfort and excellent durability.
Use for solids such as those from processing minerals, coal, iron ore, cotton, flour, and certain other substances. Nuisance level acid gases such as sulfur dioxide, hydrogen fluoride, and/or chlorine. Common applications include glass etching, chemical processing, aluminum smelting, and more.
- The carbon layer reduces exposure to nuisance levels* of acid gases
- 3M™ Cool Flow™ Exhalation Valve reduces heat build-up inside the respirator
- Adjustable M-nose clip adjusts easily for fewer pressure points, greater comfort, and helps in obtaining a secure seal and reduces the potential for eyewear fogging
- Braided headbands and soft inner materials
- Spacious and durable
This disposable N95 particulate respirator is designed for the aluminum industry and helps protect against certain non-oil based particles including those present with nuisance levels of acid gases*. It features 3M™ Cool Flow™ Valve for added comfort.
- NIOSH approved N95 rating
- Adjustable M-nose clip
- Braided headbands
- Flame resistant per modified ASTM D2859
- Cool Flow™ Exhalation Valve
- Carbon layer for relief of nuisance acid gas
- Straps – Braided Polyisoprene
- Staples – Steel (Cadmium Free)
- Nose Clip – Aluminum
- Filter – Polypropylene
- Carbon Layer – Activated Carbon
- Shell – Polyester, Flame Retardant
- Valve – Polypropylene & Polyisoprene
- This respirator contains no components made from natural rubber latex
Approximate weight of the product: 0.75 oz
Country of Origin
Made in the USA.
- Use for solid particulates and liquid mists in concentrations not exceeding 10X PEL/OEL
- Use for nuisance level acid gases such as sulfur dioxide, hydrogen fluoride, and/or chlorine.
†Nuisance level refers to concentrations not exceeding OSHA PEL or applicable occupational exposure limit whichever is lower.
- Always follow UserInstructionsand use in manners as indicated
Do Not Use For
- DO NOT use for gases and vapors, oil aerosols, asbestos, arsenic, cadmium, lead, 4,4-methylene dianiline (MDA), or abrasive blasting
- DO NOT use for particulate concentrations exceeding 10X PEL/OEL
- DO NOT use in any manner not indicated in the User Instructions
Approvals and Standards
- NIOSH approved N95 particulate respirator
- Meets NIOSH 42 CFR 84 N95 requirements for a minimum 95% filtration efficiency against solid and liquid aerosols that do not contain oil.
- NIOSH approval number: TC-84A-1299
- Assigned Protection Factor (APF 10) perUS OSHA and Canada CSA