What is a 3m n95 mask?
N95 is a disposable particulate respirator that is designed to help provide reliable respiratory protection of at least 95 percent filtration efficiency against certain non-oil based particles
What does an n95 mask protect against?
A disposable N95 mask (respirator) is a safety device that covers the nose and mouth and helps protect the wearer from breathing in some hazardous substances. An N95 mask protects you from breathing in small particles in the air such as dust and mold.
How many times can an n95 mask be used?
Workers in other industries routinely use N95 respirators for several hours uninterrupted. Experience in these settings indicates that respirators can function within their design specifications for 8 hours of continuous or intermittent use.
3M 1860S SURGICAL MASK SMALL Details
- Small-sized health care respirator and surgical mask
- NIOSH Approved: N95
- FDA Cleared for use as a surgical mask
- Helps protect against certain airborne biological particles
- Fluid resistant and disposable
This small-sized health care particulate respirator and surgical mask helps provide respiratory protection against certain airborne biological particles. It is disposable and fluid resistant to splash and spatter of blood and other infectious material.
This healthcare respirator is designed to help provide respiratory protection for the wearer. It meets CDC guidelines for Mycobacterium tuberculosis exposure control. As a disposable particulate respirator, it is intended to reduce wearer exposure to certain airborne particles including those generated by electrocautery, laser surgery, and other powered medical instruments. As a surgical mask, it is designed to be fluid resistant to splash and spatter of blood and other infectious materials.
- Designed for small-sized adult facial profiles; not approved for use by children NIOSH approved N95
- Meets CDC guidelines for Mycobacterium tuberculosis exposure control
- FDA cleared for use as a surgical mask
- 99% BFE (Bacterial Filtration Efficiency) according to ASTM F2101
- Fluid resistant according to ASTM F1862
- Not made from natural rubber latex
- Collapse resistant cup shape design
- Braided headbands, cushioning nose foam, and lightweight construction for comfortable wear
Suggested settings and applications: Operating Rooms, Clinics, TB Wards, Patient Care, Labor and Delivery, Infection Control Practices, Laboratory, emergency or pandemic preparedness planning, stockpiling, etc.
WARNING: These respirators help reduce exposures to certain airborne contaminants. Before use, the wearer must read and understand the User Instructions provided as a part of the product packaging. In the U.S., a written respiratory protection program must be implemented meeting all the requirements of OSHA 1910.134 including training, fit testing and medical evaluation. In Canada, CSA standards Z94.4 requirements must be met and/or requirements of the applicable jurisdiction, as appropriate. Misuse may result in sickness or death. For proper use, see package instructions, supervisor, or call 3M OH&ESD Technical Service in the USA at 1 800 243 4630 and in Canada at 1 800 267 4414.
The 3M 1860 is available in 1860 standard size and 1860S small size to fit a variety of face shapes and sizes.
- 3M1860 standard size covers approximately 4.825″ (height) x 5.25″ (width) of face
- 3M1860S small size covers approximately 4.25″ (height) x 5.0″ (width) of face
The 3M1860/1860S is NOT just a Particulate Respirator, the 3M 1860/1860S is both Particulate Respirator and Surgical Mask.
- Respirators are designed to help reduce the wearer’s respiratory exposure to airborne contaminants.
- Surgical/procedure mask is designed to help prevent large particles expelled by the wearer (e.g. spit, mucous) from reaching the patient or work environment.
- The 3M1860 offers a combination of a particulate respirator and a surgical mask.
Assigned Protection Factor
Boxes per Case
Braided Comfort Strap
Cartridge or Filter Included
Advanced Electrostatic Media
Flame Resistance (ASTM D2859-96)
Fluid Resistant (ASTM F1862)
Gas & Vapor Protection Type
Natural Rubber Latex Components
NIOSH Filter Approval Rating
Number per Box
N95 & FDA Cleared
Strap Attachment Type
Braided Comfort Strap