Unlike in the past when ultrasound developers made huge machines, we now have small devices that perform similar functions as the big ones. GE Vscan is a good example of a mini ultrasound machine that can support an efficient workflow. It saves users costs and also time.
You can hold the ultrasound machine at the palm of your hand. It is a light-weight ultrasound machine that increases mobility. Many doctors use it to handle emergency cases outside the hospital. It contains an easy to use interface and controllable presets. We will look at the capabilities of GE Vscan to help you assess if it is the device you have been looking for. Read on!
What is GE Vscan?
It is a pocket-size device that helps specialists like general practitioners, cardiologists, and GYN get clear images at the point of care. It delivers real-time anatomic images from a single button.
GE Vscan Ultrasound contains batteries that provide at least 90 minutes of scanning on a full charge. You can swap the batteries easily when you want to extend the operation for long hours. This means that it is a reliable ultrasound machine that does not disappoint when it comes to power. Many ultrasound machines face a similar problem of heating up. GE Vscan is different since it does not get too hot.
- Fetal /OB
- Selected peripheral vascular applications
- Thoracic/pleural motion and fluid detection
- Phased Array and Linear transducers
- 1.7-3.8 MHz Sector Phased Array Probe
- 3.4-8 MHz Linear Array Probe
- Directional Color Flow
- Clip and Image Storage to MicroSD or MicroSDHC card in JPG and MPG formats
- Imaging Presets
- Voice Recorder
- Auto Image Optimization
- VScan Gateway Software for PC
- VScan Web Portal
- Docking Station
- Cardiac Sector: 1.7 – 3.8 MHz
- Linear: 3.4 – 8.0 MHz
- Fills in the diagnostic gaps when you don’t have the full story. The innovative ultrasound probe with phased and linear array transducers is always connected and ready for many applications.
- It can travel with you – from patient to patient – within your primary, critical, or specialty care clinical environment.
- Just flip the top, and it starts up.
- Easy-to-swap batteries can extend operation all day long
- Adds clinical value and can help support excellent patient care
What are the features that make GE Vscan stand out from other brands?
This ultrasound machine has a dual probe which houses two transducers. The probe connects to a touchscreen display which looks like a smartphone through a wire. With this dual probe, you don’t have to keep on disconnecting one of them for you to connect the other. You can also detach the probes if you experience any challenge with the apparatus.
Feel free to connect GE Vscan to the hospital’s PACS. It allows you to upload images for further analysis and facilitates record keeping. You can store or transfer data in the micro memory card of this device.
Though the screen of this ultrasound machine is smaller than others, it does not deter you from viewing any detail you want. It displays high-quality images that help you make a proper diagnosis. The resolution is excellent, and the settings are easy to adjust.
You can angle the screen in any direction without relying on a flatscreen monitor. The screen has physical dials that are comfortable and easy to use. It has a jog wheel which is highly sensitive to touch.
B-Mode and M-mode
These two features make it easy for you to perform different calculations after scanning images. They enhance accuracy and help you achieve precision.
GE Vscan is an ultrasound machine that adds a lot of clinical value and supports good patient care. It makes a significant impact on clinical decision making. Doctors use it in different settings such as in big hospitals and clinics in remote areas. Medicine students in school also use GE Vscan as an educational tool. Purchase GE Vscan and enjoy its convenience and ease of use.
- Handheld GE Vscan Dual Ultrasound – Portable Machine System
- Phased Array/Linear Array, Dual Head – Attached
- Docking station
- USB cable
- 4 GB Micro-SD memory card
- One rechargeable battery
- Soft case
- Global AC adapter with interchangeable plugs (USA and China, EU, UK, Australia)
- Gateway software
- Access to a web portal with entitlement to full online education package
- 30-Day Warranty