Introducing Astral 100 with IntelligentAir
Key Features –
- Invasive and non-invasive, adult to pediatric usage
- Inbuilt battery back up of up to 8 hours, which can be extended up to 24 hours with external battery pack
- 2 customizable preset programs
- Single limb circuit with leak and valve ventilation
- Apnoea Ventilation
- Optional SpO2 and FiO2 monitoring
- 7 days of high-resolution data with 25Hz pressure and flow
- 365 days of summary data
- Wide range of settable alarms, including SpO2 and FiO2, when connected
- Through the ResMed Connectivity Module (RCM), Astral can connect to AirView™, a ResMed patient monitoring tool, giving you access to key patient data1
- Offers an impressive power-to-weight ratio
- Easy learning curve for clinicians and caregivers
- Responsive algorithms deliver adaptive, personalized ventilation as the disease progresses
When safety and security are paramount
ResMed Astral™ features remote monitoring capabilities1 that provide peace of mind for you and your patients while they’re at home. And when life brings unexpected changes, its lightweight design and up to 16 hours2 of continuous portable power give patients the confidence they need to pick up and go.
Easy to use
For clinicians and caregivers alike, Astral is easy to operate due to its intuitive interface and user-friendly features, including big button technology, program naming options, and quick setup assistant. We make life support ventilation straightforward and efficient, which means less time spent on new device training and more time for patient care.
So smart, yet so simple
Astral features simple, yet sophisticated technologies for both invasive and non-invasive ventilation. One versatile ventilator provides flexible therapy options, including ResMed iVAPS™3 with optional AutoEPAP,4 a mode well-suited for COPD patients. And with its remote patient monitoring capabilities,1 you can align with your team of HMEs, clinicians, and physicians to optimize patient care.
- Height – 93 mm
- Weight – 3.2 kg
- Breadth – 215 mm
- Length – 285 mm
- Sound pressure level – 35 ± 3 dBA as measured according to ISO80601-2-12:2011.
- Maximum single fault steady pressure – 60 hPa (in all modes)
- Breathing resistance under single fault – Paediatric circuit Inspiration: 2.2 hPa (at 15 L/min), 5.3 hPa (at 30 L/min) Expiration: 2.4 hPa (at 15 L/min), 5.0 hPa (at 30 L/min) Adult circuit Inspiration: 5.7 hPa (at 30 L/min), 8.3 hPa (at 60 L/min) Expiration: 4.2 hPa (at 30 L/min), 6.2 hPa (at 60 L/min)
- Max Flow – 220 L/min
- External DC Power Supply – 12 – 24V DC 90 W, 7.5 A / 3.75 A
- Operating pressure range – Single limb with valve or double limb with valve: 3 to 50 hPa Single limb with intentional leak: 2 to 50 hPa CPAP: 3 to 20 hPa Maximum working pressure limit: 10 to 55 hPa Forced cycling occurs if the Pressure alarm limit is exceeded
- IEC 60601-1 – Class II double insulation Type BF Continuous operation Suitable for use with oxygen.
- Pressure measurement – Internally mounted pressure transducers
- Modes – Valve Circuit Therapy: CPAP, ACV, PACV, P-SIMV, V-SIMV, PAC Leak Circuit Therapy: CPAP, ST, PAC
- Internal Battery – Lithium-Ion battery, 14.4 V, 6.6 Ah, 95 Wh Operating hours (best case): 8 h with a new battery under normal conditions (see below). Test conditions: Adult, P(A)CV mode, P control: 20 cmH2O, PEEP: Off, Rate: 15 bpm, Ti: 1.2 sec. Note: Time may vary with environmental conditions. Total lifetime: 3,000 hours of operation on internal battery Operating hours (worst case) > 4 hour run time under the following conditions: Test conditions: Adult, non-vented, PACV mode, Double limb circuit, Pressure Assist = 30 cmH2O, PEEP = 20 cmH2O Rate:20 bpm, Ti: 1.0 sec, Rise Time = Off, Safety Vt = off, Trig = Off. All other parameters remain at default settings.
- Power supply unit – AC 100–240V, 50–60Hz, 90 W 3.75 A continuous, 120 W / 5A peak 110V/400 Hz
- Housing construction – Flame retardant engineering thermoplastic
- Operating tidal volume range (volume control modes) – Adult patient type: 100 to 2500 mL Paediatric patient type: 50 to 300 mL*
- Circuit resistance and compliance range for stated accuracy of monitoring and control** – Paediatric patient setting: Circuit resistance range (circuit with intentional leak): 0 to 8 hPa at 60 L/min Circuit resistance range (circuit with valve): 0 to 20 hPa at 60 L/min Circuit compliance range: 0 to 4 mL / hPa Adult patient setting: Circuit resistance range (circuit with intentional leak): 0 to 20 hPa at 120 L/min Circuit resistance range (circuit with valve): 0 to 35 hPa at 120 L/min Circuit compliance range: 0 to 4 mL / hPa
- Inspiratory port / double limb adapter – 22 mm taper, compatible with ISO 5356-1:2004 Anaesthetic & Respiratory Equipment – Conical Connectors
- Data storage – 7 days of high-resolution airway pressure, respiratory flow and delivered volume (sampled at 25 Hz). 7 days of breath-related therapy data (sampled at 1 Hz). 365 days of statistical data per program
- Alarm volume range – 56 – 85 dBa (in five steps) as measured according to IEC60601-1-8:2012