What is Respironics Evergo
Respironics Evergo is a portable Oxygen Concentrator that provides you with the simplest alternative to living normally and walk around without limiting your oxygen requirements. It also is a much-needed alternative for those bulky Oxygen cylinders. The Respironics Evergo has been designed to provide optimal mobility and freedom for patients who require external oxygen supply and aid them to become more active physically. It is also the best solution for oxygen patients who travel frequently and need to carry their external oxygen concentrator with them.
Overview of the Respironics Evergo
The Respironics Evergo Portable Oxygen Concentrator is a lightweight product weighing only about 10 pounds which is equivalent to 4.5 kg. Due to the intuitive design of the concentrator, which resembles the “rolling trolley,” it makes it extremely simple to push it around anywhere you go. Due to its FAA approval, it also makes it easy and convenient to carry it even when you are traveling on airplanes as well. The weight of the POC can also be reduced with the option to use a single battery, but that, of course, will reduce the battery backup duration
The dimension of the unit measures 8.5 x 12 x 6 inches (H x L x B)
How do the Respironics Evergo functions?
The Respironics Evergo is designed to operate on 6-different settings on pulse flow/dose mechanism. The Respironics Evergo does not have the concentrated flow setting option available, but its six pulse dose setting takes care of almost any magnitude of oxygen requirements. However, if the option of concentrated flow setting is necessary, you can opt for another similar Respironics product, the Respironics SimplyGo. The pulse dose setting can be achieved from 1 to 6 setting with successive 0.5 increments.
Battery life of the Respironics Evergo
The battery life of the Respironics Evergo is probably its main highlight. With the double battery system, the battery backup duration can go up to 12 hours (on setting 1) and up to 8 hours on setting 2, which is the usual preferred setting. You also have the option to use only a single battery system to reduce the unit’s overall weight (reduces to 8 pounds). With a single battery, you can obtain battery backup of up to 4 hours (on setting 2).
The battery (s) can be charged from any DC or AC source outlets (wall outlets or vehicle outlets).
Additional Features of the Respironics Evergo
- The Respironics Evergo features an intuitive LCD touchscreen that helps you to navigate through the different pulse dose settings, and view other crucial elements such as battery percentage and power status as well
- The pulse dose technology provides oxygen capacity at the rate of 1050 ml/min and only delivers oxygen supply when it senses inspiration to avoid wasting oxygen
- Its smart filter system enables it to filter out any dust particles or foreign waste in the air and cleanses it to improve the quality of oxygen it provides
- Small and Lightweight – Weighs less than 10 pounds with carrying case and two batteries! Comes in a convenient black carrying case which looks just like an ordinary carry-on bag or camcorder case.
- Easy Operation – Easy-to-use touch screen interface controls all EverGo functions and clearly shows battery life and prescribed setting.
- Easy Oxygen – Never run out of oxygen again. The EverGo will run off of AC Power, DC Power or Batteries! It can even recharge while in use.
The main highlight of the Respironics Evergo remains its excellent battery life. There is hardly any product that can give the same power backup as the Respironics Evergo. Even at single battery capacity, it gives more backup duration than its other competitors. With double battery, it provides the longest battery life among all the POC products available. The product’s capability may be limited due to its unavailability to perform in concentrated flow mode, but it is still a great product with adequate positive aspects.