What is Inogen One G3?
The inogen one G3 is a “form/type” of a product related to the Respiratory Oxygen Therapy. The term “respiratory therapy oxygen” is pretty self-explanatory. They provide an easier and simpler alternative to carry around your external oxygen system by eliminating the need to carry around the bulky oxygen tank.
Overview of Inogen One G3
The Inogen One G3, in particular, is one of the lightest portable oxygen unit/concentrators in its class. The G3 weighs only about 4.9 pounds which is equivalent to 2.22kg. Compared to the weight of other products in its class, 2.2 kg is not a piece of heavy equipment to carry it around.
Hence, it provides a great deal of convenience for carrying it around anywhere without feeling tired too quickly.
Apart from being extremely lightweight, the Inogen One G3 also has some crucial features that contribute to its convenience and overall “effectiveness” as well. The Inogen One G3 as a whole unit is relatively “small-sized” as well. The overall height of the unit is about 7.25 inches making it suitable to carry it around almost everywhere (movie theatre, supermarket, etc.). The dimension of the whole unit is 7.25 x 8.75 x 3 inches (H x L x W).
Working of the Inogen One G3
The Inogen One G3 gives you a handful of options in terms of using it for different oxygen supply settings. There are five different settings options that you can set depending on the amount or the frequency of oxygen supply you require. The amount of oxygen supply you get is lowest at setting 1 and the highest at setting 5. The battery back-up duration depends primarily on these settings.
The Inogen One G3 also comes with an unlimited supply of medical grade oxygen to ensure you that you will never run out of oxygen wherever you go. The oxygen concentration remains stationary on all the 5-settings (90% +/-3%)
The battery life of the Inogen One G3
The Inogen One G3 runs primarily on a standard 8-cell battery which is capable of providing up to 4.7 hours of running duration. The back-up duration of the battery will basically depend on the frequency of your oxygen usage. But, overall it is more than sufficient to last throughout your short walks or a casual stroll in the park.
- Using it on first setting can give up to 4.5 hours of backup
- Using it on second setting can give up to 4 hours of backup
- Third setting give up to 3 hours of backup
- Fourth setting give up to 2 hours
- Fifth setting up to 1 hour
Additional Features of the Inogen One G3
- The Inogen One G3 specifically uses an intelligent technology (Intelligent Pulse Dose Delivery Technology) to ensure that the delivery of oxygen is kept up to the optimal level.
- The G3 concentrator also has an extremely sensitive breath detector that ensures that oxygen is supplied within the first phase of inspiration.
- The Inogen intelligent delivery system adapts to the sleeping breathing frequency to deliver efficient oxygen while sleeping as well
The Inogen One G3 due to its extremely lightweight design makes it the easiest to carry it around everywhere. But, its lightweight factor is not the only aspect that stands out, Inogen One G3 has more than adequate additional features (intelligent technologies in particular) that enhances its oxygen delivery capability. Overall a great product with a minimal flaw.