What is Sequal Eclipse 5?
The Sequal Eclipse 5 is a portable oxygen concentrator that allows you to carry it everywhere you get without compromising your oxygen supply. The Sequal Eclipse 5 is an upgrade or an improvement to its predecessor, the Eclipse 3. In terms of design the two products look almost identical, but at its core, the Eclipse 5 has significant changes and overall improvement over the Eclipse 3.
Overview of the Sequal Eclipse 5
The Eclipse 5 is a great solution for people who depend significantly on external respiratory equipment. The Sequal Eclipse 5 is highly portable which makes it convenient for carrying it around with you. It is also FAA approved which means you can take it with you on commercial aircraft as well. The Sequal Eclipse 5 features a “two-wheeled cart” system which makes it convenient to push it around with ease. The overall weight of the unit is 15 pounds (6.8 kg) which may not be too lightweight, but the wheeled system improves the convenience of portability.
How does the Sequal Eclipse 5 function?
The Sequal Eclipse 5 is capable of functioning on both continuous flow and pulse dose mechanism as well. The continuous flow settings can be adjusted to deliver oxygen up to 3 liters per minute. Whereas, the pulse dose settings can be adjusted from 1 – 9 settings, depending on the magnitude of oxygen pulse delivery. Due to this wide range of adjustment capability, it can be used by any patients who have been prescribed with external oxygen supports. The oxygen concentration remains constant at 90% +/- 3% irrespective of if you are using it on pulse mode or concentration mode.
The battery life of the Sequal Eclipse 5
The Sequal Eclipse 5 has a good battery life, and it can give a maximum battery backup duration of up to 5.4 hours (on 1 liter per minute settings). On using the continuous flow settings, it can give maximum backup duration up to 3.6 hours as well.
The Eclipse 5 battery cartridge can be charged with either a DC or an AC source, and it takes up to 2-5 hours to achieve 80% battery status (this is dependent on the flow setting).
Additional features of the Sequal Eclipse 5
- The AutoSAT technology that the Eclipse 5 utilizes is a highly efficient system that automatically adjusts the oxygen supply depending on your breathing frequency. It is analogous to the cruise control system on your automobile
- The Sequal Eclipse 5 comes with a standard 3-year manufacturer warranty
- The built-in alarm system indicates a number of things such as low power alert, low battery status, no breath detection, abnormal oxygen flow rate, etc
- Quiet – One of the quietest concentrators on the market (40dbA/48dbA)
- Provides Peace of Mind – Never run out of oxygen at home or in the car, no concerns about storing oxygen at home, lower electric bills, approved by the FAA for use on all commercial airlines!
- Easy, Convenient – No more waiting for oxygen deliveries, simple to use controls on a single device, accurate easy-to-read flow indicator, compact and unobtrusive.
The Sequal Eclipse 5 is a significant improvement from its predecessor, the Eclipse 3. The AutoSAT technology is a very convenient and efficient technology, and it works effectively as well. The new improved battery technology in Eclipse 5 is also one crucial factor that works to its strengths. The only one slight drawback is its weight. Even though it is not the heaviest unit in the market, it is still relatively heavy. However, the wheeled-cart system does its job of easing the portability factor quite well.
Overall the Sequal Eclipse is a great product and with a good amount of settings capability and some other crucial additional features as well.